Monday, December 3, 2007

The Team is back together

I was beginning to think it would never happen, but all three Shavedlegs members were present at MOD Chertsey race.

Simon was already off in the 4th Cat race when Pat and I arrived. He looked very happy sitting in the bunch near the front staying out of trouble. As so often happens at Chertsey it came down to a sprint finish, we Simon proving he has the power snatching 8th and his first BC points. A few more placings and he'll make 3rd Cat.

The 3rd Cat race saw a few breaks go off but nothing came to much. I don't like sprints, not because I'm rubbish at them but because there aways seems to be a crash. It had been decided that I would try a break of my own at some point. With 5 laps to go (10 miles) Pat suggested now was the time, I was convinced. Upon entering the hilly 'snake' section a gap opened before me and I thought what the hell. I dropped a cog and went. I open a good gap and extended it on the second lap, but I'd done too much too soon, and the pack were looking animated.

I was caught with a lap to go. It came down to the predicted sprint and a muppet swerved in front of me and then I narrowly missed a rider who appeared to be stationary. Thought sod it and relaxed to finish in the middle of the bunch. Pat was few places behind me, but a good confident ride since he is coming back from his knee surgery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home